Sunday, October 29, 2017
Embarcadero Park South in Downtown San Diego
The inaugural Carrera de los Muertos San Diego is a festive and fun 5k that will start and finish Embarcadero Park South in downtown San Diego.
Enjoy a scenic run along downtown’s San Diego Bay and stay to celebrate in the park with mariachi, dancers and comida deliciosa! Join family and friends to remember loved ones that have passed in this rich cultural tradition. You will experience a great sense of community through a little exercise, music, dance, face painting and a lot of fun. Nos vemos en la Carrera de los Muertos!
Stuff We All Get (SWAG):
- Bib and entry to the 5k.
- Soft-Cotton t-shirts for all participants.
- Unique Finisher Medal with a jewel eye for all participants.
- Photo assistance at the Los Muertos Black Carpet. More details to come.
- Runners Altar to honor loved ones that have passed.
- Post-Event Festival honoring art, music and community.
- Face Painters available race morning. *Limited capacity.
Register now for EARLY BIRD PRICING!
|5k (18+)||Youth 5k (0-17)|
|Early Bird Pricing||$30||$20|
5k Course Description and Map
The event festivities take place at Embarcadero Park South, located 200 Marina Park Way, SanDiego, CA 92101.
200 Marina Park Way, SanDiego, CA 92101
This event is also meant for competitors. The 5k fun run and competitors all start at the same time. Competitors are encouraged and prompted to start at the front of the race. Most importantly, to be considered for an Age Group Award and Overall Winner you must purchase a timing chip. Timing chips are available to purchase online during the registration process. There will be limited chips to purchase race morning.
- Age Group Winners that place in the top three of their age category will receive an award medal.
- Overall Winners that place in the top three of their gender will receive a unique hand painted skull.
Race Day Schedule:
6:45 a.m. – Race Day Registration Opens
6:45 a.m. – Pick Up Bibs / T-Shirts
8:00 a.m. – 5k Start
10:00 a.m. – Awards and Enjoy the Festival
Packet Pick Up
Packet Pick Up will be Saturday, October 29, from 2-6pm at ROAD RUNNER SPORTS located at 5553 Copley Dr, San Diego, CA 92111.
For directions – click HERE!
Come grab your shirt and bib, and check out the latest in running and walking gear before the event!
Event Day Parking
Hey volunteers – we couldn’t do this without you! Join us for a great day celebrating Dia de los Muertos!
If you have a group or any questions, contact Sarah: email@example.com!