Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register for the virtual Los Muertos 5k/10k?
You can register here.
What is the Los Muertos 5k/10k virtual run?
Los Muertos Virtual 5k/10k run is a remote run or walk that can be done in any location. Your medal, bib, shirt, and race items will be mailed directly to your home. You can upload your results online and engage with other participants via social media and the integrated event app. You can set your own personal goals, run solo or with friends and family, and get rewarded with a beautiful race package in the mail.
How do I submit my results?
Uploading your results online is not required, but super fun and easy to do if you wish. You can submit your results one of two ways:
1) Use a tracking software of your choice (Garmin, apple watch, Strava, treadmill, cellphone etc). and submit your results HERE. You can enter your time as well as upload a screenshot of your results. To submit your results you will need to enter your registration ID, which can be found by logging into myevents.active.com.
2) Download the Active Experience App from your mobile device and search for the Los Muertos 5k/10k Virtual 2020 event. Once logged into the event, select “virtual event” and then once ready to run/walk, select “START.” The app uses your cell phone gps to track your time. Once complete, your results will be uploaded to the results event page.
Will there be an in person event this year?
Los Muertos 5k/10k registration is open as a virtual event in 2020 due to COVID-19. If the situation changes and we are able to produce an in-person event in LA or San Diego, your virtual entry automatically allows you to participate in a live event.
Will there be an in person event next year in 2021?
Yes! We plan to return to the in-person events in Los Angeles and San Diego in 2021. We’ve always had a virtual virtual event option for those who live outside of California and will continue in the future!
How does the Virtual Los Muertos 5k/10k work?
- Register for the Los Muertos 5k/10k and secure your entry
- Choose your distance between a 5k or 10k
- Download the ACTIVE Experience App
- Run your 5k or 10k anywhere between October 26, 2020 and November 2nd
- Track your results by following the course provided in the integrated Active Endurance App (available after registration) and then upload your results and photos online for our team to review. You can also use a timing app or software of your choice (this includes taking a photo of your treadmill results). Use of the app and uploading your results online is optional, but easy to do if you wish.
- Participate in bonus challenges with prizes via social media giveaways, and share who you are running for by tagging @losmuertos5k on Facebook and Instagram.
- Your race package will be delivered to you via mail.
When will I receive my race package?
Your Standard or Premium Race Package will be mailed to you with the U.S. address provided on your registration. If you order by October 19th, expect your package to arrive by the week of Dia de los Muertos (October 26 – Nov. 2). If you order after the 19th, we will do our best to ship as soon as possible. Don’t forget to share a photo of your finisher medal when you complete your run/walk!
Do you ship internationally?
No. We only ship to U.S. postal addresses at this time. Shipping is free with all U.S. orders.
If I don’t upload my results online will I still receive my race package in the mail?
What dates can I complete the Virtual Los Muertos 5k/10k?
The Virtual Los Muertos 5k/10k event takes place between October 26, 2020 and November 2nd, 2020. Please complete your run/walk during this time frame.
What comes with the Virtual Runner’s Race Package?
The Standard race package includes a unisex race shirt or women’s tank top (you get to choose during registration), finisher medal, runner bib and assorted sponsor goodies.
What comes with the Virtual Premium Box of Goods?
The Premium race package includes a unisex race shirt or women’s tank top, finisher medal, runner bib, prayer candle, a runner buff/face mask and assorted sponsor goodies.
When will my race package be mailed?
Participants that register before October 1st will receive their box by October 26th. Participants that register after October 1st will receive their box thereafter and will be updated with a timeline in early October.
How do I log my results?
You can upload your results by navigating to your registration dashboard here.
Can I cancel my registration and get a refund?
A Los Muertos 5k/10k race entry is non-refundable and there are no refunds for canceled entries. We do not authorize refunds at any time.
Can I transfer my registration to another person or category?
Yes, you may transfer your registration to another category or person by October 15, 2020. You can make the transfer by logging into your account at myevents.active.com. Please note, there is a small transaction fee for all transfers.
I made a mistake entering my mailing address, t-shirt size or registration information. How do I correct it?
You can update your registration details at myevents.active.com.
Do you offer group discounts?
Yes, if you register 3 or more people during registration, you will receive a discount. Simply select this option during registration. For larger groups, corporate teams, or run club discounts, please email [email protected]
Can children participate?
Yes! This is a family friendly event. We have youth t-shirt sizes just for the little ones in your family.
Who should I contact if I’m interested in being a Los Muertos 5k/10k sponsor or partner?
I still have more questions.
Please email us at [email protected] if you have any further questions.